Tuesday, September 17, 2019

What Do you Do With a Problem


Wishing our friend, Max, a very Happy Birthday. Today he turns 5 years old.

Today we enjoyed some time in the Gym moving safely in open space and working on our movement skills. We spent some time exploring lines and how they create shapes and letters in our name. Students worked cooperatively during centers and learned the value of taking care of our classroom and the supplies in it. 

We ended our day by discussing things that can go wrong, be troublesome or cause us worry. We have learned the word, problem. We shared some problems experienced by friends in our class and how we dealt with them. 
  • Scarlett: playing with my sister, she tries to take my toys. I go away and play something else.
  • Zach: my brother doesn't let me have a turn with his toys. I play with my friends instead. 
  • Brett: My brother didn't let me play with his toys. I just played with my toys. 
  • Kayley: My nana and papa had to miss my birthday. My mom faced timed so they could see me open my presents.
  • Owen: My baby brother keeps ripping my pictures. I asked my Dad and Mom for help. 
  • Liam: My sister was taking all my toys away. She copies me. My father helps me. 
  • Harriet: My brother keeps getting silly.  I go and tell my mom. 
  • Ethan: My sister takes my ball. My Dad asked her to give it back. 
  • Phoenix: My coat was hard. I asked the teacher. 
  • Ryder: My sister took my toys. I got another truck to play with. 
  • Mya: One time my sister took my toys away. I asked my Mom. 
  • Carlos: One day Dad was late. We went to the office. 
Students shared in the listening of the story, What do you do with a problem. We learned that a problem can offer new opportunities and chances. Exploring a problem and turning it into something better than we thought is exciting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment